Please note the following information regarding May exams.
Secondary 5 students will write their français exam on the morning of May 7 (mandatory preparation in class from April 30 to May 6) and their English exam on the mornings of May 26 to 28.
Secondary 2 students will write their français exam on the morning of May 20 (mandatory preparation in class from May 7 to May 19).
Half of secondary 3 (accelerated math) and half of secondary 4 students (regular science math) will also write their Math 426 and 4-cultural practice exam on the morning of May 20. Students from grades 9 and 10 NOT writing this practice exam will be permitted to come to school only for the afternoon classes.
- Family names A-L Ms. Chantal Juhasz email@example.com
- Family names M-Z Mme Nathalie Cheff firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grade 7 SR Instructions (2015)
- Grade 7 SR List (2015)
- Grade 8 SR Instructions (2015)
- Grade 8 SR List (2015)
- Grade 9 SR List & Instructions (2015)
- Grade 10 SR List & Instructions (2015)
- Grade 11 SR List & Instructions (2015)
Please visit our book fair on Thursday, April 30th (8 am to 8 pm) and Friday, May 1 (8 am to 1 pm) taking place in the RWA auditorium.
The following packages were mailed home via Canada Post:
- Tuesday, March 31 to all incoming new Sec I 2015-16 students
- Tuesday, April 14 to all incoming new Sec II-V 2015-16 students
Included is the summer reading list; book fair; interboard agreement request; information on footwear and the uniform sale; first day of school; orientation session; annual grade level trip; summer hours.
The new student orientation date is Thursday, August 27th, 2015. We will be issuing a correction at a later date. The RWA Google calendar has been updated to include this new date in the meantime. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
The following packages were emailed to existing RWA parents on Wednesday, April 15, 2015:
Only yesterday, our children started grade 7 wondering if they had what it took to succeed at Royal West. Now they’re ready to graduate, as sharp and capable a group of teenagers as you’ll find in our fair city.
They’ve learned how to learn, met new friends, bonded with mentors, found new interests and overcome many challenges. Royal West has been there for each one of our kids, every day, shaping well-rounded citizens for tomorrow.No other school in the province comes close to delivering the quality of education that Royal West delivers, year in, year out.
It’s time for them to move on to the next stage of their lives.
RWA Foundation is holding a raffle to raise funds for renovations to the auditorium. This year’s prizes are:
- 1st prize is a pair of tickets to see 15 games
- 2nd prize gets you tickets to 10 games
- 3rd prize is a pair of tickets to 7 games
- 4th and 5th prizes are each a pair of tickets to 5 games
- 6th prize is a 52″ HD Sony TV
- 7th prize is a pair of Giant Simple Single bicycles
- 8th prize is two 3-day passes for Osheaga 2015
- Early-bird draw on May 7, 2015 at 8pm at RWA for the Osheaga passes
- Drawing on September 11, 2015 at RWA
Order your raffle tickets online at or purchase raffle tickets (cash, cheque accepted) at the school office during school hours (Monday to Friday 9:00 to 15:00).
We are asking all Royal West families to sell at least five tickets each in order to sell all 4500 of the tickets and generate over $150,000 for the renovations. This will provide the funds for phase 2 of the auditorium renovations: air conditioning and new comfortable chairs.