RWA Admissions 2018-19
RWA 2018-2019 Open House, Orientation, Entrance Exam, Application Procedure
Thank you for your interest in Royal West Academy.
- Our open house for the 2018-19 academic year will take place Monday, September 18, 2017.
- Please visit our website in Mid-August of 2017 for the 2018-2019 application package.
- Testimonials are our best advertising. Please click here to see what parents and students are saying.
- Promo Video
- Link to Google Maps: Royal West Academy 189 Easton, Montreal-West, QC H4X 1L4
We invite you to meet our students, teachers and staff at our Open House on:
- Monday September 18, 2017 at 17:00 – 20:00
The evening is unscheduled and interested applicants and their parent(s) and/or guardian(s) are welcome to come at any time to walk around and view the many academic and extra-curricular programs that Royal West Academy offers including athletic, cultural, environment and community services. Please note that this is the only day to visit the school – we do not offer private tours. Do not contact our office requesting accommodation as this is too disruptive to the current student body. The school is located at: Royal West Academy 189 Easton, Montreal-West, QC H4X 1L4
Parents of all applicants are requested to attend an Orientation Evening on:
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 19:00
This is a scheduled presentation that provides parents with an in depth information session on academics, to discuss the many aspects of Royal West Academy and to answer any of your questions. In the meantime we invite you to read the following Information for Applicants 2018-2019.
Applicants to Secondary I (Grade 7) are required to write Qualifying Tests. The Qualifying Test consists of a multiple choice evaluation of the following subjects: English, French & Mathematics. The applicant has the choice of writing the Mathematics portion of the exam in French or English. Students only should report to the Auditorium with 2HB pencils and an eraser. Students may wish to bring a snack. Parents may wait for their children in the Easton St. parking lot beginning at 11:30 am. Upon receipt of a completed secondary I application, you are registered to write the entrance exam. Simply show up on the appropriate day according to your family name as per below:
- A – L Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 8:30 – 12:00
- M - Z Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 8:30 – 12:00
Please note that these are absolutely the only days that the entrance examinations will be administered. Do not contact our office requesting accommodation.
Any requests to switch the above dates should be indicated in writing when submitting your application. You will only be contacted if your request is not possible.
If applicants have hyphenated family names, please refer to the permanent code located on your child’s report card to know which date applies.
Applicants to Secondary I-V (Grades 7-11) may be required to pass an interview process. The interview consists of a 30-minute appointment whereby a parent or guardian must be present. Interview appointments are made by email. Applicants to secondary I interviews begin mid-October 2017. Applicants to secondary II to V commence once the secondary I interviews are done normally during November.
Please follow the following instructions to apply and the documents must be received by mail (attention Admissions office) or submitted in person prior to the deadline at 189 Easton Ave., Montreal-West, Quebec H4X 1L4 between 9:00AM – 3:00PM EST.
Please visit our website in Mid-August of 2017 for the 2018-2019 application package.
- Print the Application Form. The application form is the same for all grades.
- Complete both pages of the Application Form. And ensure that it is signed by both the student and parent/guardian.
- Include a copy of the final 2016-2017 report card. Applicants must also forward their 2017-18 Term I, II and III report cards when issued.
- Non-refundable fee in the amount of $70.00. We accept payment via Interac, Money Order or Cash only. Interac is available at the office. Do not send cash. Personal cheques not accepted. Post-dated payments are not accepted. Money orders must be dated the same day of submission and payable to Royal West Academy (please print your child’s full name on the front of your money order).
Deadline for Applications
Secondary I only: Please complete the application form and return the documents to Royal West Academy prior to the deadline of Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:00 PM.
Secondary II – V only: There is no deadline. However as interviews begin in November 2017 we recommend submitting your application prior to then. This process can close at any time based on availability.
Certificate of Eligibility
Please note that the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement Supérieur allows us to consider only those students eligible for English language education and a Certificate of Eligibility for instruction in English is required upon acceptance. Further information on this can be found on the English Montreal School Board website.
International applicants require a strong background in French. Royal West Academy’s French program offers both immersion and French mother tongue courses. There is no “English stream”. Additional information on curriculum.
Applications to Royal West Academy are made at the same time as applying at the English Montreal School Board.
Information regarding school fees and much more information can be found in the Information for Applicants 2018-2019. Please visit the English Montreal School Board website and consult the following document. Information regarding tuition fees can be found on their website.
International applicants may be invited for interview by email and assessed along with other applicants. Interviews for applicants abroad are conducted via Skype.
As travel arrangements and documentation need to be made quickly and are more complex/time consuming, we recommend submitting your application in a timely manner.
RWA Admissions 2017-18
- We are no longer accepting applications for Secondary I-V for the 2017-2018 academic year.