What do we do?
The Royal West Academy Home & School Association has traditionally ranked highest in Quebec for parent support.
As volunteers, we work in concert with teachers and the administration to best support the students while they are here at RWA. We support the school community in several activities.
- We operate the school store so that the students can readily buy their needed school supplies and uniform needs. The store is open every day during the lunch hour (12:25 -1:15pm). We have extended hours (8:00am -1:30pm) during the first few days of school.
- We help operate and fund the library and computer labs.
- We provide refreshments during the Science Fair and Teacher Appreciation Week.
- We bake, sew, and support our school teams and honour band.
- We come in and paint when funds do not allow the school board to provide such services.
- We organize Uniform Sales so families can purchase their uniform needs in June and August.
- All proceeds allow us to help with the financing of much needed enrichment within the school, scholarships and bursaries to deserving students, etc.
How to get involved
- Contact us and let us know what you are interested in doing. Please complete a volunteer form and someone will be in touch with you as the needs arise. Parent Involvement form 2018-2019
- Come to a meeting on a Tuesday evening, 7:30pm in the Staff Lounge (Ainslie entrance; 2nd floor).
- Become a Home & School member by completing the application form. This allows you to have a voice within the decision making process of school related topics and keep in touch with the provincial office that is closely linked with the government and other educational organizations. 2018-2019 RWA H&S Membership Form